We offer Auckland wide free quotes including free and no-obligation onsite measurements and wood floor sample presentations.
We give you wood floor options catalogues to consider options. Quotes are products, supplies and installation labour all included, based on your choice of flooring, floor sizes and layout.
Cost for hardwood and laminate flooring
* Hardwood is $40-120 per square meter. Hardwoods like oak, maple, and ash go for $40 to $50 per square meter.
* Laminate flooring typically costs $10 to $30 per square meter as products.
Comfort and Sound
* Hardwood floors tend to be hard underfoot, and they can be a bit noisy under heels and pet toenails. These are very solid floors, though they normally do not adapt to radiant heating systems.
* Laminate flooring is generally somewhat soft underfoot since it is installed over a foam underlayment. But as a floating floor, it can sometimes flex underfoot unless the subfloor is perfectly flat. And the hard plastic surface can telegraph the clicks of shoe heels and pet toenails. Laminate flooring can be installed over radiant heating systems to create a warmer, cozier floor.
* Both flooring materials have roughly the same characteristics, but some people find that laminate flooring is somewhat more comfortable.
Solid hardwood flooring is often regarded as the real deal, laminate flooring is an inexpensive way to simulate the look of hardwood flooring, each has its own unique values.